Monday, August 14, 2023

iPhone plant lookup actually identified my work as a plant! Day 23

There is a feature on iPhones wherein you take a photo of a plant or an animal, and the phone will search its database and tell you what you have taken a picture of. So just for a laugh, I thought I’d see what it thought my creations were. To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t expecting anything. So when I ran the picture though the camera and got an answer I was shocked.
It’s Yarrow!
I was aiming for Ragwort, but Yarrow is native to the UK too, so I’ll take that as a win. Next up I tried the one I was proudest of, the Cow Parsley.
Alyssum or Buckwheat
Sadly, it didn’t recognize it as Cow Parsley. But if I was modelling a garden setting in 16mm scale. Then Alyssum would be a plant to have in the flower beds. 
I tried my third different plant..
Goldenrod for the win!
I was amazed. Goldenrod is native to Minnesota and the UK, and it grows along the trail that I run daily. This plant was in my mind as I created these models. To have my miniature creation recognized for what it was intended to be was unreal. 
You can just call me the miniature gardener…
I’ve made about 20 weeds right now, hopefully that will be enough to make a mark on the layout.



No comments:

Post a Comment

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...