Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Weathering the Loader

 As you can expect. I couldn’t leave things alone, and had to add some weathering to the loading chute. Weathering is subjective. One person’s weathering masterpiece is another’s primitive daub. My work keeps me happy and lies somewhere between the two extremes.
A light weathering.
As with all my work, I start by giving the model a good scrub down and dry brushing with my favourite Asphaltum acrylic paint. It really kills the plastic feel of the models in my eyes. 
I’ve had this paint for years.

Then I scrubbed it on a bit darker in places, and added dabs of orange to suggest the beginnings of rusting. Finally because this would be a dusty, sandy place, there would be dust and sand collecting in crevices and on horizontal surfaces so I dry brushed some white on there too. I think it needs more of that and probably some sort of sandy colour too. One can get caught up in the minutiae of this process. But right now, this is good enough for me. Don’t you think?
That will do for now


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...