Saturday, August 27, 2022

Something is stirring

You remember in the previous post, I mentioned that I'd offer up 16mm scale people to the little scene I cobbled together at the start of the week.

That works!
There's no doubt about it, a 16mm person from Narrow Minded Railworks fits perfectly. The proportions are fine. 
I decided to see how I could fit this into my challenge baseboard.
First mock up.
To orientate yourself. On the original Squarefoot you would be looking over the structure towards the front of the layout. Clearly there's plenty of room here to make things fit.
Oh, I say!
Then I got down to eye level, and it's fair to say that my breath was taken away. There really is a lot of space in this view. To orientate you again, on the original plan, you're looking from the right hand edge.
There will have to be something, a rock face perhaps, on the right hand side that will help to hide the fiddle yard track. The big structure would be better served being low relief in this situation. In my minds eye I can see, puddles, oil barrels, sheeted down machinery and other detritus in that space between the two sidings. This does feel promising.
One thing I've always wanted to feature in a layout, is having trains that run up and down the scene, into it. Rather than passing across it. This arrangement would certainly facilitate that.
For everyone who wants a trackplan


I certainly think there's room for some further development of the idea. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...