Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Day 17. Greenery vignettes.

You may recall that the last couple of posts on here, certainly yesterday’s, had centered around rusty corrugated iron fences as a backdrop. Reaction on NGRMOnline, the principal place of objective discussion on this project, was initially quite positive. Which I was quite happy about as I quite liked the idea. Then there was a swing away from that towards natural vegetation as a backdrop. Cool I like that idea too. I’d not had a chance to try that out. But I was definitely considering it. Certainly to help separate the scenes. Like this first picture.
Undergrowth
Don’t you like that? I most definitely do. Studying pictures of the Sand Quarry railways of Leighton Buzzard reveals an awful lot of weeds and suchlike growing all over the place. There’s no proper soil so thistles, nettles and suchlike thrive. Like in this picture on Flickr. 
Another view. The back edge of the layout has vegetation along it.
I’ve never been 100% sure how to work with that fine leaf foliage that I’m using here for the undergrowth. The “plants” always seem to want to fall apart on me. Anyway, I like the feel in this view. Static grass needs to be added to encroach on the track a bit more. But it’s a good start.
Sadly, I appear to have run out of the fine leaf foliage that I used for the undergrowth.
Yes, I’m out of fine leaf foliage. But if the hedge line gets carried along the top of the mound at the back, it should be good. How about a wrecked skip chassis as a bit of foreground details?
This picture tells a story
I just threw this scene together for giggles. One day a skip fell off the tipping dock and never got moved. 
Still more to think about…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...