Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Day 18 This is where we’re at.

Buoyed up with confidence over the mocked up look of the top end from yesterday, (and finding more fine leaf foliage) I set to and worked on finalizing the scenery for the loader end of the layout. Things are coming along quite nicely. So I decided to put everything together so to speak, and see how it looks as a whole…
Looking good, but a bit clean around the loading chute.Much detritus needed.
Nice visual. Train passes between gaps in foreground objects
This is well on the way to looking like sand quarry trackage
Even a simple bit of detritus like a wrecked skip chassis adds to the scene
Wether it’s a hut or a sheeted down pile of whatever. This space needs something.
The tipper and bin is already well established. I just need to decide how to model the concrete blocks
Overall view from one end
Overall view from the other
I think that we can agree, everything is coming together pretty well. As the layout stands it’s pretty workable. All it really needs is the details and detritus that an industrial scene would have to pull it all together. 
Then it needs the display case with lighting. 
Then it needs the sector plate, fiddle yard/fiddle stick. 
Then it needs legs. 
Then it needs an extension. 

Wait. I didn’t really say that did I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...