Monday, August 7, 2023

Day 19. Dodged a bullet

I had an enforced long break for the layout over the past four days. I had the not most pleasant prep for a routine surgery. Most I think will know what I’m talking about. It basically entails overdosing on laxatives… 
Anyway, today it was back to business as usual. The plan being to add long static grass to the layout. So I stripped everything off it and set to work.
You always think that when you have put things out of the way. That you’ve put them WELL out of the way. Nowhere near where you’ll be when working on your task. 
Then you go over to where you’d left something. The tipping dock for example, and forget that it’s there.

And…

Well let’s just say I was not a happy camper as I heard it hit the floor. The air was not blue, just silent as a wave of shock and disbelief that this had happened, rushed over me.
I dared not look though, lest I burst into tears thinking about all the work I had put into this centerpiece structure.

But I would have to look sometime…
Oh.
That’s not too bad.
I had expected to see it smashed into smithereens. Hand rails and legs all reduced to their consistent parts. 
It wasn’t. 
I don’t know if it was due to my constructional techniques or what. But the damage was manageable. None of the legs were reduced to their component parts, and only four handrails had become detached from the posts. Some of them still had the locating pins in place. Enabling me to easily fix everything back together. I lost one post. But I had several spares on hand.
Fixing the damage
I shall take my time fixing it. But it could have been so much worse.
As for the static grass. That’s not looking too bad either.
This is starting to look like neglected, industrial permanent way
Only my second attempt at static grass but looking promising
We live to work another day.








No comments:

Post a Comment

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...