Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Planting time. Day 25-ish

After two or three days of making various types of weeds, the time has come to plant them. As a result I also decided that it was time to commit and wrap the layout in its case. It might come apart to be painted but this is it. The layout is in its home. Besides, there will be no way to design, assemble and fit the fiddle yard until the case is done. So it was done. 
Layout enclosed, pelmet in place.
Eagle-eyed viewers will notice a premises sign being tested.
With that sorted out. I got all of my 44 weeds, some white glue and a broggler, (a pointed implement for poking holes in things) to plant them in the ground, and set to work. 
I had no idea if 44 would be enough, so I just poked and planted away. In the end I used 42. (Waits for someone to make a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference)…
I saved a couple of larger ones for later, just in case someone at a show wanted to know how they were made. I could make up a little “how I did it” display plinth.
Goldenrod and Yarrow in the scrub
Yarrow around the siding end
Cow Parsley grows around the fence
Perhaps still more are needed. But I want to add some more long grass, and I really would like to try to make some nettles. So there will be more undergrowth around and about yet. But when the overgrown track looks like this, things are certainly looking right.
Typical industrial permanent way.
The next project really must be to get the fiddle yard/sector plate fitted. I’ll save that for next week. 

1 comment:

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...