Friday, August 18, 2023

Fiddle yard thoughts Day 26-ish

Much thought has been devoted to the form that the offstage area will take. I have to stop calling it a fiddle yard. That suggests something far grander. I’m just in need of a small area to switch out train cassettes and switch between the two roads. 
After some consideration the best arrangement would be something like this.
Set up sketch
The drawing makes reference to an angled face needed due to the cutaway of the foam baseboard. This photo shows what I mean.
The join area
This was a bit of a cock up at the time. I was looking at the wrong end of the raised area as I lined things up and let the glue set. But right now it doesn’t look so bad as the tab will assist in the location of the offstage area. The rails need to be cut back a smidge, and a little curve cut in the foam, But it should all be good in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...