Friday, October 6, 2023

Taking (my) Stock

Now I’ve got a layout ready to go to an exhibition, I need a box to carry and protect the locomotives and rolling stock that I’ve accumulated. But what to make it from and how to make it? My woodworking skills are certainly not good enough to make anything.
But I run, I ski, I wear boots and shoes. I could make a stock box from a shoe box. They aren’t just for building micro layouts in
I have lots of shoe boxes around
All the boxes were different sizes. I just tried a few for size to see how the stock would fit best.
Not quite right.
This looks pretty good.
It only took to the second box for me to find a comfortable arrangement that would be easy to make.
I just cut some dividers to size and glued them in place. Easy peasey.
I’m quite happy with this fit.
A little padding in there might not go amiss, but things are in there pretty snugly, with a handy dandy spare pocket that for now will take coupler tools, couplings and other loose bits and bobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...