Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Clearing up the list

Let’s go through the list, tick off the things to do, then add some more, and then do them too.

Rusted rails on the deck and the tipper activator.

The legs look good. They create the impression that something is there,
but are not too noticeable
The legs that support the delivery chute were a task that took quite some time. As this is a last minute addition and not really planned, it had to fit the space available, and the stock had to stay clear of the legs. My LocoRemote “Amberley” Brush electric is the widest of my locos, and has given me some issues with the location of the “return bumper” that rights the skip buckets. So everything was measured against this.
My stock of Evergreen styrene yielded enough girder, tube and rod to construct it. Though as I say, the measuring, cutting and gluing took a lot of time to get everything to clear the stock and work smoothly. But it’s there now. A spray of a dark green colour hides it in the shadows. It creates the impression that something is there, but doesn’t overpower things and draw attention to the offstage area.
Yesterday I mentioned how I would add more weeds and the like to add to the overgrown feel. I also said I’d use grass tufts to help in the accurate locating of the bin. I’ve made a good start on that. But, it’s no exaggeration to say that weeds grow everywhere of course. 
Weeds help position the bin in the same place every time. 
More weeds needed yet, but you get the idea.
Things are starting to feel anti-climactic hereabouts. Thoughts have turned towards another layout project…

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...