Monday, September 18, 2023

Back in the saddle again

We are back from our holidays in England and Wales and suitably refreshed. I am chomping at the bit to get on with the layout. I know that it is very close to being “completed”. So I made a short list of things that need to be done. As you can see, it’s a pretty short list.
Things to do
The LED strip lighting has been ordered and will be here on Thursday. It’s one of those rolls of LED’s on a self adhesive strip from Amazon. So I’ll look forward to dealing with that next week. 
Something I could do that would really start to set things off would be to paint the display case. I’ve ummed and ah-ed about the colour of the case for ages. I knew I wanted a light neutral colour. I was thinking about a sandy tone. But in the end I went for a neutral blue-grey. “Shallow Skies” in the Valspar oeuvre. It’s a colour that I could carry on to a backdrop for something un-noticeable. 
The neighbors son works in the hardware store in town, so he mixed me up a quart of the stuff, and I ran off to the garage to slap the paint on. Bingo! In a few hours around lunch the case was transformed.
The case, painted.
That’s it really. I shan’t bore you with writings about painting, everyone knows how to paint. Instead I’ll finish off with a few holiday snaps…
The Goodwood Revival. The best historic motor racing in the world
My wife and I, and a Class 31
On the Ffestiniog Railway.
A second trip on the Ffestiniog, and another double Fairlie
The Jack Nelson LNWR dioramas
It’s good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Fy Merlen Bach*

Winter is coming…The phrase that spawned hundreds of cringeworthy internet memes. To me it means that any model making I do will be confined...